At René Rodríguez Medical, hair transplantation is performed by follicular units using the F.U.E. 2rmd: The first step to obtain a successful result is to do a proper presurgical evaluation. In the initial consultation we evaluate the expectations of each patient and according to the quality and quantity of hair in their donor area, we will guide a specific surgical plan for each patient.
Hair transplantation is effective since we obtain the hair follicles from the back and side of the head. In this area, the hair is resistant to baldness in 90% of patients.
What we do in a hair transplant is to RELOCATE the hair follicles from where there are more to where they have been lost. The follicles do not multiply or renew.
For this reason, it is very important to properly manage the donor area since each hair follicle is invaluable and we must extract it in its entirety, since the result of the transplant will depend on that and the possibility of extracting grafts in the future if necessary.
The 2rmd method consists of maximizing the resource of the donor area so that the depopulated areas are seen with the highest possible density for each patient, offering an implantation line design appropriate to the age, degree of baldness and donor capacity of each patient.
At René Rodríguez MD, we use software that helps us:
- Determine the quality of the donor area
- Know how many grafts each patient has to donate during his life.
- Extract the maximum number of grafts from the donor area without leaving it depopulated.
- Calculate the amount of grafts required to cover bald areas.
- Define how many sessions each patient will need.
- Establish what coverage we can achieve; In other words, if it is going to be seen with little or thick hair.
Medication with lotions and oral medications
The FUE method is the most advanced technique of hair transplantation for the EXCISION of the follicular units directly from the donor area using a cutting cylinder (punch) between 0.75 - 0.9 mm in diameter.
Este punch corta las estructuras que unen la unidad folicular a la piel y después son extraídas utilizando unas pinzas.
This procedure requires total mastery of the technique since, in inexperienced hands, the hair follicles in the donor area can be damaged. It is very important to emphasize that hair follicles are structures that do not reproduce, therefore the main objective of this technique is to obtain an integral follicular unit without mistreatment of the hair follicles that compose it.
It is a very demanding procedure, requiring a long learning curve. On average we get between 2000 – 3000 units per day per patient.
Resultados de traducción Sowing follicular units
We do the sowing in two ways depending on each case:
- Previous incisions and Seeding with a blunt tip implaner The incisions are made in the recipient area using very small sheets, prepared to the size of the graft (cut to size) and later the grafts are seeded in these incisions. This technique is useful in patients with hard skin or scars
- owing with cutting tip implants It is the one we use the most and consists of directly sowing the graft in a time, with a cutting needle implanter.
For the sowing of the grafts, the direction and cancellation of the original hair in the area must be taken into account and they must be located in an artistic and strategic way to achieve the largest possible capillary volume.
To sow the grafts we do not use tweezers, we use the implanter. This device offers us the following advantages:
- • Precise graft location. The direction and angle of the original, native or non-transplanted hair that is still present in the recipient area is followed.
- • Get open or closed angles depending on the area being treated.
- • Little or no manipulation of the grafts which allows a high survival of the grafts.
- • It allows to obtain high densities, above 60 uf / cm2.
- • Speeds up the sowing process.
- • Decrease bleeding.
- • It reduces the loss of native hair in the receiving area in the postoperative period.
f the objective of the surgery is to obtain a high density per session, it is useless to sow the grafts throughout the bald region, wanting to cover everything at once, since the result will be a transplant with low density, generating frustration for the patient. To achieve high density, the hair must be concentrated in a specific region.
If the bald area is extensive, a greater number of grafts and more than one session will be needed. Patients who wish to restore a large bald area in one session may opt for a Giga Session, which is generally performed on two consecutive days. The number of follicular units that we can obtain per session depends on the density of the donor area of each patient.
Una vez extraídas las unidades foliculares o injertos, estas se reubicarán en las zonas calvas. Con el implanter el trauma que sufren los injertos es mínimo o inexistente.
- Quick recovery of the donor area.
- Minimally invasive.
- Less pain in the postoperative period in the donor area.
- The best follicular units are selected.
- Leaves no visible linear scar.
- Greater number of hair follicles per follicular unit.
- No scalpel is used.
- Sutures are not used.
- Natural and consistent results.
- Faster recovery time.
- Less disability in the postoperative period.
- Ideal when the donor area has a low density. Extraction of undesirable hair grafts.
- Ideal for correcting scars in the donor area.
- Extraction of improperly positioned grafts in previous surgeries.
- Body hair removal (beard hair, chest, abdomen, back).
The FUE method involves a great learning process and requires patience, physical stamina, skill, coordination, precision and excellent manual skills, as well as common sense and artistic sensitivity to deliver the best results.
Glossary of terms
Normally, hair emerges from the scalp in solitary follicles or in groups of 2, 3 or 4 hairs. This natural grouping has been called follicular units.
se define como la cantidad de unidades foliculares por cm2. Una persona sin calvicie tiene una densidad capilar promedio de 60 a 100 UF/cm2. El ojo humano es capaz de notar una zona despoblada cuando la densidad capilar es menor a 25 UF/cm2.
Hair transplantation is performed by taking follicular units from the occipital region of the scalp. This area is called the DONOR ZONE. The hair follicles located here are resistant to baldness in most patients with androgenetic alopecia. For this reason, the result of a hair transplant surgery is for life.
We define the recipient area as the area that is bald and that will receive the grafts. We have divided the recipient area into 5 areas in order to more accurately calculate the number of grafts required per area.